While a few assets cooked from the pre-Unreal Engine 4.14 build works right out the bat with Tekken 7, some asset files require patching so that they can work in Tekken 7 otherwise the game will crash. I present to you: “PreUnrealPatcher”.
As of version 1.0 the tool can do the following:
- Patch SkeletalMeshes to work with Tekken 7
- Merge uasset and uexp files into a single uasset file
Obviously with Tekken modding there are a few caveats you should be aware of as of version 1.0:
- If the textures you cooked have .ubulk files then you will have to swap a valid texture uasset file from Tekken to have the custom texture file name and then use the Texture Editor to import your custom texture.
- Right now Materials and MaterialInstances don’t work
- StaticMeshes don’t work (I’m working on patching them for the next tool’s release)